Things To Consider
- While facing death, John the Baptist has some questions and doubts.
- Sometimes we question God because our expectations are not met.
- Jesus' answer is that the gospel is preached and that signs and wonders accompany it.
- Jesus gives considerable significance to the ministry of John the Baptist.
- The greatest man ever born but pales in comparison to the new covenant being ushered in.
- People are fickle and when expectations are not met then there is much criticism.
- Revelation in and of itself is not enough. Repentance and faith are necessary and for these cities which are seeing first hand the one from the Father and the apex of divine revelation the judgment is true.
- God's sovereignty is not antithetical to the full and free offer of the gospel.
- God's call is not to the strong and self-reliant, but to the weak and the weary.