Things To Consider
- Lazarus' illness and death are for God's glory.
- Jesus' delay in coming to them was because he loved them.
- Jesus was glad he was not present for Lazarus' death so his disciples could witness this resurrection.
- Martha comes to Jesus first and she still demonstrates her faith and belief.
- Jesus was deeply moved to anger.
- Jesus wept but not for Lazarus. Jesus wept for his outrage and grief over sin and death.
- Martha did not fully understand just yet.
- Jesus' prayer was for the benefit of his hearers.
- The council was worried about their place.
- Judas had an ongoing pattern of disobedience.
- The chief priests wanted to destroy Lazarus as well for he was a symbol.
- The hour has finally come.
- Jesus' death and resurrection was not defeat, but triumph.
- Secret faith will not do.
- These words that proclaim life and forgiveness to the believer also proclaim condemnation and wrath for the unbeliever.