Things To Consider
- Jesus had difficulty in his own family.
- There was disagreement even in Jesus' own family about who he was.
- Jesus knowledge of scripture left the people amazed at his teaching.
- Jesus was called crazy.
- To this point God the Holy Spirit was not given in the full sense that He would be after the glorification of Jesus.
- "Without sin" does not mean sin free. We are called to confront erring brothers and sisters in their sin. Jesus questions the double standard.
- The light of the world is the second of the I am statements and it is loaded with older testament references: Exodus 13:21-22; 14:19-25; Psalm 27:1
- Jesus does not judge the way the Pharisees do.
- God is sovereign in the death of the only begotten Son – the hour only came when God determined it was the hour.
- True faith is seen in those that make their home in the word.
- Jesus is accused of being a Samaritan and having a demon.
- They saw Jesus as guilty of blasphemy.
- God reigns even in the chaos of an attempted stoning.