Things To Consider
- Emmaus is about 7 miles from Jerusalem.
- These disciples were evidently not part of the eleven.
- These disciples were "kept" from recognizing Jesus.
- We had hoped... they did not understand and people still have difficulty understanding.
- They struggled to believe.
- Jesus gave them a tour of the entire bible and showed them that the whole thing is about God's plan for Jesus and the rescue of sinners.
- When Jesus blessed the food, they finally "saw" him.
- Immediately they rushed back to tell the disciples.
- Jesus first words are of peace as He is the Prince of Peace.
- Jesus again rebukes them for their unbelief and shows them that he is not a ghost.
- Jesus resurrection was a bodily resurrection.
- He opened their minds and explained the gospel.
- He sent them to proclaim the gospel and they went out with joy.