Things To Consider
- Resolution and closure comes about in this section.
- There is a connection from when the disciples were first called to follow and where they are now – fishing.
- They decided to catch some food while they were waiting, but with all their experience they couldn't catch a thing.
- This is bringing closure to the old life and past failure.
- Jesus is calling them to something greater.
- Fellowship around a meal should always be a sacred endeavor – whether you eat or drink.
- The bible is not full of a bunch of people who are important and have it all together, rather it is full of nobodies and people have failed spectacularly at times.
- Jesus is not asking Peter for an apology or a commitment rather he is establishing that this is about love.
- Jesus is showing Peter that it is not about his bravado and strength but that he must rely on Jesus .
- This relationship of love comes with the responsibility for service.
- The call to follow is the call to die.
- John says that he saw it and that Jesus is glorious and cannot be contained – we beheld (saw) his glory.