Things To Consider
- The witness of Jesus is always accurate and faithful.
- John's description borrows from the imagery found in the book of Daniel.
- Ephesus left their first love and they are called to repentance.
- Smyrna is called to suffer well.
- Pergamum is guilty of a pattern of compromise and called to repentance.
- Thyatira is called to repent of sexual immorality and to endure.
- Sardis appears to be alive, but is dead. Even the parts that are alive are close to death.
- Philadelphia is praised for holding fast to the truth.
- Laodicea is indifferent and apathetic.