Things To Consider
- Romans 1 is the longest greeting Paul used in any of his letters.
- The gospel demonstrates God's ability to save by transforming sinners.
- The righteous living by faith is not a new concept. This is a quote from Habakkuk 2:4.
- God has to act in wrath toward sin or He is not just.
- God's wrath is revealed by giving people over to their sin.
- Paul doesn't give an exhaustive list rather he is describing the ongoing patterns of people who are unrighteous.
- The Jews have the advantage of having been given the promises of God.
- Sin is universal.
- Works cannot save anyone.
- The law brings the knowledge of sin.
- Righteousness is available to all through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Justification comes through faith.
- Christ's work restores our relationship with God.
- Christ's work is the proof and revelation of God's love.
- Christ's work restores from the curse.
- Paul answers the question, "If the law caused sin to increase grace, then wouldn't continuing to sin lead to more grace? Answer: NO.
- Our union with Christ guarantees our salvation.