Things To Consider
- In Christ one is not subject to the penalty of sin so there is no condemnation.
- The Holy Spirit gives life and empowers believers to obey.
- Christ fulfilled the righteous demands of the law.
- The Spirit confirms and makes us aware that we belong to Jesus.
- Those in Christ are still subject to suffering in a fallen world.
- There is nothing greater than the love of God in Christ Jesus.
- Chapter 12 begins the practical application of the doctrine that he has been teaching in the previous chapters.
- God gives gifts to edify the church.
- God gives us to one another.
- Unity in diversity is a hallmark of the gospel.
- Paul has a pattern of discussing gifts and love in close proximity.
- We have an obligation to one another.
- Love results in death to self, service, and looking to the interests of others.
- Paul's priestly duties include him teaching the Romans how to worship and how to practice faith.