Things To Consider
- Ananias and Sapphira show the opposite of sacrificial giving.
- The problem was not that they kept some of the money; the problem was the hypocrisy and lying.
- We are not to put the Lord our God to the test.
- Signs and wonders point to Christ's power and the apostle's authority.
- They are imprisoned but set free through angelic assistance.
- There is an opposing authority but these things that are happening expose the truth that any authority comes from God and not man.
- They brought them again to the council but not by force.
- The council was planning to kill the apostles.
- Gamaliel gave wise council that they should steer clear and that God would act no matter what his position.
- They were beaten and found joy in that suffering.
- As the church grows, conflict arises between two cultures in the church.
- They are not denigrating service, they know what God has told them to do.
- Stephen is falsely accused because they could not match his wisdom.
- Stephen shows great composure as a messenger before a hostile group.