Things To Consider
- The healing of the lame man was to authenticate Jesus' authority.
- A person's name is more than just an identifier; it expresses character and authority.
- A man that has never walked began to not only walk, but also leap about the temple.
- A crowd would have been at the temple at that time and so they came to see what all the commotion was about.
- Peter explains the means and power for the miracle as he quickly points to Jesus.
- Religious freedom is immediately threatened.
- The Sadducees did not even believe in the resurrection of the dead.
- Peter and John were seen as uneducated and common which should remind us that God uses ordinary people.
- They prayed asking God to help them continue in faith.
- God answered their prayer as they continued to speak with boldness.
- Don't miss the introduction of Barnabas.
- Sacrificial giving reflects the character of God.