Things To Consider
- This is a continuation of the gospel of Luke.
- There were witnesses and many proofs over a period of forty days.
- The promise of the Father was the Holy Spirit.
- We should testify about Christ – proclaim the gospel.
- Jesus is coming back.
- Prayer was their practice, demonstrating their dependence as they waited for the Holy Spirit.
- Tongues should be seen as secondary and the fire, which was an indication of God's manifest presence, should be seen as primary.
- The city was flooded with people because of Pentecost.
- Christ's death has always been God's plan.
- Jesus is exalted at the Father's right hand.
- Conviction led the people to ask what they must do in order to deal with their sin.
- The demonstration of their conversion came through an apologetic that could be seen.