Things To Consider
- Jesus the true deliverer is outlining the rule of God for this people.
- The Sermon On The Mount is descriptive before it is prescriptive.
- What you are always comes before what you do.
- Kingdom life is spiritual and can be difficult.
- Jesus fulfilled the law.
- Righteousness is not a matter of obeying rules and religion cannot accomplish the kind of righteousness required – has to be more than the Pharisees.
- Jesus does not give an exhaustive list of sins, rather he demonstrates that sin begins in the heart.
- Jesus gives practical advice for religious duties and again confronts external formalism.
- Jesus assumes fasting and yet most ignore it.
- You can't have multiple masters.
- Worry and anxiety demonstrate a lack of trust.
- Be slow to judge and holy.
- The appearance of piety does not guarantee salvation.
- Build on the right foundation and obey.