Things To Consider
- 16 years have passed since the work started.
- Many have probably forgotten or lost hope.
- Haggai and Zechariah were encouragement from God.
- They call the people to a right sense of priorities.
- Opposition seems to arrive as quickly as devotion.
- The decree is found after a search, a king responds favorably, and the people not only can resume their work without fear but their adversaries are commanded to leave them alone.
- Again God demonstrates his power and grants favor to his people.
- The building of the temple was not the only work going on for God was doing a work in the hearts of his people.