Things To Consider
- The opening verses point to the faithfulness of God.
- God never forgets us.
- God moved in the heart of this king and directed history.
- God also had to stir the hearts of his people and not everyone returned.
- God is the eternal initiator.
- God also makes provision for the return.
- The list of names can be intimidating.
- The names show us that relatively few returned but they were acting in faith.
- The first thing they did upon their return was to worship and offer sacrifice, starting with the heads of families.