Things To Consider
- John starts back farther than the birth account, farther than genealogies, farther than creation itself.
- Beginning can relate to rank and does not have to refer only to time.
- Jesus is the agent of creation and he is the sustainer of creation.
- Light and darkness are not simply opposites; darkness is nothing other than the absence of light.
- John The Baptist testifies to the light, but Jesus is the light.
- Jesus was humiliated when he became like us.
- John prophesies in identifying Jesus as the lamb.