Things To Consider
- Opposition comes from without and within.
- Fear can affect people in terrible ways.
- The construction was done but the return was to be much more than geographic... it was spiritual.
- The temple and the wall were complete but they had not yet built houses for themselves. They had their priorities in order.
- The genealogy served to attest to God's faithfulness in preserving his people.
- Genealogies also served as a tool for obedience.
- God's word must be a focal point for the follower of Jesus.
- Be grateful for those who are able to teach the bible. God has given those gifts for the benefit of his people.
- Let mourning have its place but the people of God have cause to rejoice even in suffering.
- They returned in obedience and their faith grew.