Things To Consider
- The temple has been rebuilt but there is more to do.
- This is another group of exiles being led back by Ezra.
- Jewish tradition holds Ezra as a second Moses.
- Ezra loved God's word: study was no burden, obedience was joy, and he had a desire to teach it as well.
- Ezra was a skilled student and a gifted preacher and teacher.
- Look at God's miraculous provision – any Israeli subject could return, the work was financed by the government, the king made donations for worship, the people who worked on it were tax exempt and Ezra had legal authority.
- God's dominion knows no limits.