2 Kings 21-25
Things To Consider
- Manasseh's list of offenses is disturbing.
- Things can change quickly with a new leader and apathetic people.
- Manasseh did not follow the example of David. He defiles the sanctuary with idolatry and breaks God's covenant.
- The Lord sends his messengers and they are ignored.
- It is hard to overestimate how amazing it is when Josiah brings reform to the nation.
- Josiah is only eight when assumes leadership.
- The Bible had been lost in the house of God.
- The word produces repentance in the life of Josiah.
- Josiah leads with conviction and reforms the nation.
- Leadership matters.
- The prophecy comes to complete fulfillment concerning Jeroboam.
- There is a string of sad testimonies about the kings of God's people.
- What will our legacy be?
- These are the captivities of Daniel and Ezekiel.
- Nebuchadnezzar has had enough of these duplicitous kings and brings an army to destroy Jerusalem.