Things To Consider
- These are prophecies against the nations.
- Consecrated means set apart.
- Multiple nations will gather to defeat Babylon.
- God is sovereign over the nations.
- God is the God of the nations and we should tell his good news to every nation.
- The Lord is merciful and will have compassion.
- Pride takes credit for what God does.
- The original lie: I can't trust God, I should be God.
- This is a poem that gives a lament for the king of Babylon but includes the story of cosmic rebellion.