Things To Consider
- Elisha is a faithful and loyal servant to Elijah.
- The Spirit was transferrable.
- Elisha grieves the loss of Elijah and so he tore his clothes.
- Elisha allows the men to go even though he has explained that they will not find Elijah.
- Elisha demonstrates a prophetic word for life and death.
- The story of Elisha and the widow is similar to Elijah and the widow.
- The Shunammite woman gives with no expectation but receives the gift of a son.
- The Lord hides this awful turn of events from Elisha.
- She held her son in death and she now holds him in life.
- Desperate and dark times accompany the siege of Samaria.
- The king blames Elisha for their problems and decides to kill him.
- The Lord rescues in a miraculous way.
- Without faith one cannot please God.