Things To Consider
- We must learn to listen.
- Chosen does not mean exempt from the consequences of sin.
- These rhetorical questions seem obvious but we are often oblivious to our sin.
- God has spoken and there is no fear? How much do we fear the Lord?
- Pagans can see problems in the nation.
- A remnant would survive because God is faithful.
- Calling women cows seems harsh – he is speaking to the self-indulgent lifestyle of the women who reside "on the mountain of Samaria."
- God is not interested in religious deeds.
- God's call is not to religion, but to repentance.
- This is a series of merisms showing that God's judgment would be complete.
- There is always hope and restoration with the Lord.