Things To Consider
- David wants the temple to be magnificent.
- Imagine the humility required for a father to speak of his sin and failure accompanied by the blessing for success.
- God keeps his covenant even when we are unfaithful.
- David wants his son not to just understand the construction process but to understand how to follow God and lead well.
- Verse 19 is a good admonition for us: “Now set your mind and heart to seek the LORD your God...” (1 Chronicles 22:19a, ESV)
- Generosity should be a hallmark for a follower of Jesus.
- David and the people recognize God as the source for these gifts - we need to see that everything comes from and belongs to God.
- The temple is not enough. The heart must be a part or worship is an empty gesture.