Things To Consider
- The time when kings go to war does not mean go to war every spring... it means spring is a favorable time of year.
- You can see the pattern described in the scripture – “But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.” (James 1:14–15, ESV)
- David has a scheme for the crisis.
- See how far David's sin took him. What started out as curiosity has ended with death.
- David's hypocrisy found no limit.
- Being right in the eyes of others is not the same as being right.
- Favor does not negate judgment.
- It is easier to see the sin of others.
- David should have been put to death, but God showed mercy.
- Forgiveness does not mean we escape all consequences.