Things To Consider
- God begins with the reminder that He has kept the covenant but they have forsaken Him.
- The Lord calls Gideon a man of valor while he hides and makes excuses for not being able to do anything to change his circumstances.
- Gideon recognized The Angel of The Lord and he feared for his life.
- Gideon reminds the people of their unfaithfulness by the tearing down of idols.
- Gideon's confidence was shaky at best.
- God brings the number of men so low that there will be no question that He has brought this great victory about for Israel.
- Gideon answered his critics with humility.
- The man who led the people away from idols led them right back to them.
- Past victories don't take away the battles of the present.